Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A fear of failure might as well be a fear of flying.

Hello my lovelies. Wow, this feels odd, I haven't posted in a little over two weeks, my longest hiatus since I've started blogging. I do apologize, which sometimes feels in vain, as I say I'll be better, I'll blog more, but can't seem to stick to my word. Sorry guys. :c
Failure. Failure is a grand fear of many of us, today I'd like to speak a bit on the subject. Yesterday, I went to get my learner's permit; if you've been following me since the beginning you'd know driving was big on my list of accomplishments of this year. Well guys, I'm shamed, and pretty darn embarrassed to say I didn't get my permit. For those of you who don't use the same driving regulations as we do in the States, before actually getting your drivers license you get your learners permit, unless you're eighteen or older, in which case you can get your license without a permit... I think. Either way, I don't have either. 
Yes, a twenty year old who can't drive. Embarrassing right? Did I fail my test? No, I didn't. I didn't even  take it. My father took me, and for one, the line at the DMV was literally out the door, which set my nerves on edge... and I honestly didn't feel ready. It might've been all the practice tests that shook me up, I don't know.. maybe I'm just making up excuses, which I probably am... either way I was too nervous to take a forty question quiz.
Again, to touch on the subject of failure. Yes I was feeling every bit of self doubt imaginable, which, more than likely is the real reason I didn't have the guts to take the test. I feared failing a simple quiz most fifteen year olds ace without the need to study. (If you've read this far comment SHE'S STEALING YOUR PENSION down below, Misfits obsessed, as always.) So my question to you my lovely readers, is how do you overcome any self doubt, fear of failure or any such experiences?
 I'm all about positivity, happiness and good vibes... I'm still beating my self about about not spreading all those good vibes yesterday! Alas, yesterday is yesterday, today is today! Upon the embarrassing tiddle I experienced yesterday I decided to keep studying my handbook as well as using my online resources to muster up my confidence.
With this kind of embarrassing tale, I bid you adieu!

TWITTER| TUMBLR| INSTAGRAM |PHEED
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I love these especially the first one. I'm always afraid to do things but in the end I wish I had just gone for it and done it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm addicted to your blog, I really wouldn't worry about it, at least you have the confidence to get behind a wheel i'm pretrified and haven't even had any lessons! You'll get there someday just do it in your own time!

    Cassie xx

    www.Sarcassie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling. It's a scary thing, but it's gotta get done! In time, however c:

      Delete
  3. Only just found this. I found it whilst looking for images for my own blog post about fear of failure (I appropriated your first image - I hope you don't mind!). I've been trying to come up with ideas for things I can try for a month at a time and you've just reminded me that I gave up on getting my driving licence as I found it really stressful. Maybe that should be one of my month's activities - if I can afford it... Well done on facing your fear!

    ReplyDelete

Any and every comment is appreciated and always read! Leave me any questions and I'll be sure to answer. And thank you for reading this post! If you'd like to further contact me my email is open to anyone who wants it ramosdalia3@gmail.com.