Monday, March 11, 2013

Bearer of.... My least favorite trends

Happy Monday my faithful readers, today I'd like to share some of the most popular, yet some of my least favorite trends a going around the globe. This post is only my humble opinion, and is not to be taken as offensive to your personal likes or sense of style. We can all agree to disagree here, right? Well, let us dig in!
1. Creepers
Creepers, creeped into the fashion scene mid last summer, I'd say. Celebs like Rihanna making them even more prominent  I however don't care for them much, every now and then I see someone style them in a great manner, but I don't think I'd ever care to wear them. They don't suite me, and I for one, although I'm not graceful, like to be light on my feet! These shoes are just far too bulky for my liking. As the whole "hipster" scene fades into the "grunge" scene, I see this trend staying for a while longer.
2. Clear shoes
I've seen Louis Vuitton, Manolo Blahnik, Christian Louboutin and contless other high end fashion designers with this trend. Although some shoes are very pretty, and can be easily styled with mostly any attire, this too, is not a trend I'm going to be mad over. There's a fine line between making something look extremely fashionable, and extremely tawdry, this trend flirts along that line. Like I said, some pieces are gorgeous, but I don't see myself look for anything inspired by these high end designers..
3. Rosy Pink Lipstick (Viva Glam Nicki in particular)
This color has been seen for quite some time, but to me it automatically, on sight makes me think, dare I say, "cheap Barbie doll". I just hate the look of the bright matte pink, especially because it can so easily clash with different skin tones. This is definitely a trend I would love to see fade out, no offense I'm just sick of seeing it.
4-5. Clear Bags
Clear bags, as well as clear shoes are taking the high end fashion world by storm. Flip open an issue of Harper's Bazaar or Vogue and you're sure to find some variation of this trend. Like I've said with the shoe trend, some pieces are gorgeous but still not totally to my liking. I like keeping my belongings personal, I'm not THAT open of a person for the world to peek inside my bag! I don't care for this trend, but can see why its so popular, it is darling, well in some cases. Again, I won't be on the lookout for any pieces inspired by this trend.
6. Fur Vests
Faux fur, real fur, it doesn't matter I'm still not a fan. I've seen this trend styled in many different ways, some looks very high fashion, some falling flat and looking a bit dodgy.  Something about fur just screams bourgeois, old lady to me. I know this is seldom the case, as many young people rave, and love this trend; but I can't help but to picture a great great great aunt wearing a fur coat or vest with a huge broach on the breast. Call me insane but this is probably my most disliked trend in quite some time.

There you have it ladies. Like I said this is just my personal opinion, not to be taken to heart if you, yourself love these trends. I am no fashion editor of any sort, and I'm aware some of these pieces are very "in", but still I just wanted to give you my take. This is a platform of expression, and I just wanted to express my disdain for these trends. Maybe you'll agree with me, maybe you won't. If you don't that's okay. Our different likes and dislikes are what make us different, and alike at the same time. Again, Happy Monday, hope you have a great week!
\
TWITTER| TUMBLR| INSTAGRAM |PHEED

15 comments

  1. Love it all , perfect wish list xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, don't thinks someone read the post. lol

      Delete
  2. Lol...^^^^

    I agree mostly with the creepers and the clear shoes. For some reason, clear heels always remind me of stripper shoes from the "interesting" part of costume stores. I know it's not always the case but that's what I think of. As for creepers, all I can think is No.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on everything but the lipstick colour, I quite like it! I know what you mean by barbie though :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, yes, we can all agree to disagree, it just doesn't appeal to my taste.

      Delete
  4. I have to say I agree with you completely. I don't understand the clear bags I don't really want a stranger to see what am carrying & I also hate the lipstick, it reminds me of young girls putting concealer on their lips, Bad move.

    Great post though :)

    Shauni x
    shaunibrown.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I'm not the only one who felt this way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I detest creepers with a passion, they are so ugly! Why are they a thing?! Also agree on clear shoes and clear bags, they just don't look cute at all. Agree with pretty much everything you've said!

    http://www.youremyfavouriteflavour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! :)

    hugs from Denmark
    www.deluxefashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Creepers can look great if its styled correctly x

    http://hevastyle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post, couldnt agree more haha.
    you have such a lovely blog!
    now following :)


    http://kittyhannon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you so much! I hate all those trends, especially the clear shoes and bags! The bags especially, what happened to a bit of privacy?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bags! love your blog! following:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think you read the post... but okey.

      Delete

Any and every comment is appreciated and always read! Leave me any questions and I'll be sure to answer. And thank you for reading this post! If you'd like to further contact me my email is open to anyone who wants it ramosdalia3@gmail.com.

© The Introverted Brunette
Maira Gall