Friday, February 1, 2013

Low

Hello lovelies, today I'd like to get a little personal if you don't mind. Yesterday was somewhat of a breaking point. I found myself feeling incredibly irritable, a feeling spawned by a lack of appreciation. I felt like I was being pushed and pulled to do things for everyone, as I usually am, but receiving no gratitude for the things I do. Then I felt selfish for feeling like I deserved a little more recognition, but you sometimes can't help what you feel.
After crying it out, yes it was that bad, embarrassing I know, I felt somewhat better. Crying can be one of the easiest ways to let off steam, and it did help. What really got me through was venting to my sister. She's my rock and my bestfriend. She could relate to feeling unappreciated, and it was easy to talk to her about it.
As the picture reads "You can't please everyone", and because I've always tried I've allowed people to be expectant of my generosity. Saying "no" to people, especially loved ones has always come hard for me, but it's something I'm working on.
My lovelies if ever you find yourself hitting a massive low, please talk to someone about it. I've always been the "bottle it up" type, and it's not the most healthy course to take.  So talk it out, vent in whatever healthy way you can think of. If you have any other venting methods please let me know. I'm still reeling in some of the emotion from yesterday and blogging it out helps as well. So whatever your outlet is use it!

 With that I wish you a happy weekend! What are your plans? I hope to finally get an upgrade on my phone tomorrow, *crosssing my fingers for an iPhone*. If all goes as planned expect a better instagrammer out of me!

24 comments

  1. saying 'no' to people is the best thing you can do for yourself, i think. since i started doing it more i feel so much better! as strange as that sounds :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! We have the same last name!

      Delete
  3. I'm going to visit some showrooms and meet some friends. Wish you a great weekend too!


    www.missysworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean, sometimes you just have to let it out and then you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first impressions of a new product I found that would make doing your nails easier! What do you think?

    i would also appreciate it if you follow my blog too!
    christie-mariee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the blog! I was wondering if you'd be kind enough to have a little look at mine? Thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really good you had a cry, sometimes a good cry is just necessary. Instead of getting worked up and trying to be strong it's always better to just let it out and deal with your feelings which you did and you obviously feel better for it. Don't let yourself be the type who bottles it up again! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a work in progress! A good cry does take a load off.

      Delete
  8. Great post!!
    Crying always helps! I know it very well!

    caughtinvogue.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you feel better soon hun! I know the feeling

    Xenia
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. cryng always makes me feel better, how weird does that sound? I hope you're ok x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just remember you can't get a rainbow with out a little rain x

    check out my cath kidston giveaway 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you're feeling better, Dalia. I am guilty of the same thing, and you're right, crying is sometimes just the best thing to do. Even if people don't show it, you are definitely appreciated. Take some time for yourself, you deserve it :)

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Dalia!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, very sweet of you Victoria!

      Delete
  13. It's only natural to want to be recognized for the things that you do for other people. Of course that doesn't mean that you're selfish, it just means you're normal. You definitely can't please everyone and you REALLY can't make everyone else happy if you're not happy yourself. Sometimes you just have to look out for yourself first and help people when you can in order to keep your own sanity!

    Chin up! :) You seem like a lovely person.

    x Bridget

    bridgerydoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post was beautiful! I'm also one of those people that bottle it all up. It usually all comes out in one go, I prefer to jot all those negative feelings into a journal/diary! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your so right, you definitely cannot please everyone. Try not to bottle it out, everyone needs a good cry now and again x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've just discovered your blog and you seem like a lovely person, hope you're feeling a lot better :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm guilty of bottling things up too, it's not nice is it?

    I used to be the type where I wanted to please everyone but unfortunately that would be wishing for the impossible. As cliche as it sounds, YOU are NUMBER ONE and just be yourself. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. for me.. i find that any form of exercise whether playing a sport or doing some workout really gets me in focus and helps in calming me down. :)

    hope you're feeling better! :)

    Click me for my NEW BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post! Keep your head held high!

    I'm a new follower of your blog - I really like your layout!

    If you want to check out mine is http://thestellarskin.blogspot.co.uk/

    Looking forward to your future posts :)

    Rachel

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Any and every comment is appreciated and always read! Leave me any questions and I'll be sure to answer. And thank you for reading this post! If you'd like to further contact me my email is open to anyone who wants it ramosdalia3@gmail.com.

© The Introverted Brunette
Maira Gall