Wednesday, January 30, 2013

All Our Lonely Hearts Collide.

If you've seen my last post, you'll know I'm forever alone. Yes, although I am all shades of awesome I have no Valentine, just as every other year in my young age. Do not fret my lovely readers, this girl is used to being alone, after all I am The Introverted Brunette! Yes, because I am introverted I know how to be alone without feeling lonely.. well that's how I like to put it. Here are some things my fellow Valentine's-less reader might enjoy doing on this day of which people are showered with love. 
1. Movie night.
Alone or with a group of friends, having a movie night is one of the easiest ways to spend any day. Pop your corn, drink your soda pop, stuff your face with pizza and either laugh your heart out, bawl your eyes out, or scare yourself out of your own skin.
2. Read a Book.
Sounds like a God awful bore fest on such a sap filled day, no? Well as someone how dives into books like a getaway from every day life realities I would love such an option. I tend to get lost into the stories and different worlds reading a good book can submerge you in. For any introvert, this would be ideal, not just for holidays like V-Day, but any day really!
3. Bake!
Baking is one of the best ways to distract yourself, and you end up with yummy foods! Who wouldn't like that? Bake alone, or with family or even friends anyway you do it it's a great activity to do while others go on there lovely dovey dates.
4.  DIY time.
Diys are always fun, and always time consuming. This is just a random DIY I found on weheartit.com, buy there are numerous sources to all kinds of DIYs. Try Pinterest, weheartit, or youtube to find the perfect one for you.
5. Treat yourself.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with getting yourself pampered and enjoying a night out, by your lonesome. Get dolled up, paint the town red. Go dancing, go to dinner, the possibilities are really endless. 
So my lovelies I hope I've helped any lonely hearts out there. Don't feel bad if you find yourself without a Valentine, it doesn't mean anything negative on your part. Our time will come. Prince Charming is out there, somewhere!

8 comments

  1. This is such a lovely post, some cool ideas too. It's just another day, everyone seems to forget that

    Please come and check out my latest post if you have a few minutes spare :)

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know why so many people get their shirts off about valentines day... it is just another day. It's the darn shops and media who make us feel lonely and worthless! I think these are great ideas... or doing something with your friends can be fun too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great ideas, I love doing all of them! :)

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful ideas, i love the shirt, you have a great blog, want to follow each other ? Let me know !
    xoxo

    www.descontraidas.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post :) It really annoys me when people think that it's weird when you don't have a Valentine or romantic plans. Well, now I'll say to them - I'll be baking & hanging out with friends :)

    ReplyDelete

Any and every comment is appreciated and always read! Leave me any questions and I'll be sure to answer. And thank you for reading this post! If you'd like to further contact me my email is open to anyone who wants it ramosdalia3@gmail.com.

© The Introverted Brunette
Maira Gall