Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Rant: Male Bloggers

Hello my lovelies. I've been in the blogging community for well over a month, and something has come to my attention: Male Bloggers. Perhaps I'm just on one end of the spectrum, but male bloggers seem very scarce on this website. Granted I've only explored the more feminine side of the spectrum, yet and still I would hope to have seen some testosterone somewhere! I just find it odd, where as a platform like Tumblr is crawling with male bloggers, blogspot seems to be pretty empty in that category. Odd, no?
I'd love to see some lifestyle blogs from a male perspective, it'd be great to see the inner workings of a male mind! Even fashion blogs, that aren't as high fashion as the few male blogs out there, but more relaxed & relatable, would be great. Oddly enough, I find a guys' take on subjects such as music very intriguing. Their insight could go either way, a hit or miss; it'd be great for someone to voice there opinion on here. It's not everyday you meet a guy who is open, and blogging would be a great platform for him... I don't know maybe I just have to explore the interweb some more and stumble upon some cool dudes!
I hope I'm not the only person whose realized this, or wants to see more male bloggers! I don't think blogging should be geared towards one gender more so than the other. As I've said, I have been on one side of the spectrum, hopefully I come upon some male bloggers in the future. Pick there brain by there posts.. I'm a weirdo I know, but it's just pretty cool to see the difference or similarities you might share on certain topics. If you guys know any male blogs... That are NOT high fashion, please do recommend below! How about you guys? Would you like to see more male bloggers? Or do you like the whole girl power thing going on? Let me know below! Happy Sunday to you all! 

Graphics used on this post were found on weheartit.com c:


23 comments

  1. I think your completely right, I would love to see what guys have to say as like you said they don't open up much when you are face to face with them.

    Also it would be something different to read other then the mostly make-up/beauty related posts.

    Shauni. x
    http://shaunib.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree there isn't much out there in the way of 'male blogging.' One blog that I'm aware of Is the Chap Blog. (http://www.thechapblog.com/) he does male grooming posts and is pretty funny to read.

    Christina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post!! And yes, I would want to see more male bloggers!

    caughtinvogue.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. The only male bloggers I've seen are usually on tumblr. I think guys just don't have much to say and to them pictures are enough to express themselves :) I'd like to see more male bloggers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you made this post, I feel like I never come across male bloggers!

    Sabrina
    http://thelittleowlshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've noticed there aren't many guts around too, but here are some links to male bloggers who I follow:
    http://www.samueljamesmorris.com/
    http://www.the-totality.com/
    http://www.notsolonelylondoners.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Will definitely be checking them out!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the mention Georgina- much appreciated!

      I'd also recommend this guy:
      http://gedlab.com/ - he's wonderful!

      Delete
  7. There are a lot of really good male bloggers! Less than female, of course, but there are still lots and more every day! You just have to find them!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I convinced my stylish beau to start a blog but he just hasn't stuck with it! I definitely think we need more male bloggers out there.

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. i was just thinking this, even if they didnt want to do a fashion blog a lifestyle one would be great to read and follow!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. :) I am a male blogger. I have a personal blog. I also find it hard to find alot of male bloggers. Most male bloggers are in to tech and stuff. I am too, but also about other things like pop culture, lifestyle, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  11. try searching google for "ricademus" or "ebben wiley". sorry i can't remember their urls right now, but they're pretty cool guys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Will definitely give them a look!

      Delete
  12. I've noticed the same thing. I've been looking for some good blogs by male writers for a while, those I have found haven't been of much interest to me. I'm looking for lifestyle blogs, like mine, but most seem to be more about business or technology.

    It sounds like you'd probably like my blog. It's a lifestyle blog about my journey to overcome struggles to have a great life. Whilst being open about how I get there. My readers tell me that they find it inspirational to read.

    Thanks for starting this conversation on male bloggers.

    www.riseaboveaverage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've noticed the same thing. I've been looking for some good blogs by male writers for a while, those I have found haven't been of much interest to me. I'm looking for lifestyle blogs, like mine, but most seem to be more about business or technology.

    It sounds like you'd probably like my blog. It's a lifestyle blog about my journey to overcome struggles to have a great life. Whilst being open about how I get there. My readers tell me that they find it inspirational to read.

    Thanks for starting this conversation on male bloggers.

    www.riseaboveaverage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been frustrated by this exact same thing. As a male blogger, I've been looking for make lifestyle blogs to read and to interact with. They all seem to be about business or technology, which is fine, just not what I'm looking for.

    It might interest you to read my blog. I think you'd like it. It's a lifestyle blog that my readers have said gives them inspiration and real enjoyment. My readers are both male and female.

    Let me know what you think. Hopefully I'll quench your thirst for male blogger :)

    www.riseaboveaverage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will definitely check it out! c:

      Delete
  15. Found your blog post because I was noticing the same trend, a real lack of male lifestyle bloggers! I started my own at www.mrjoiee.blogspot.com but I'd definitely like to read a few more from a males perspective myself, as it seems 90% of the bloggers I've come across in the lifestyle/fashion category are female x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Me! Me! Pick me!!!!!

    http://iamphildodd.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. With these 3 alpha male qualities I'm going to share with you here, you too can be the most attractive guy too! If you want to kick your sex life into overdrive then read on Psychotherapie

    ReplyDelete

Any and every comment is appreciated and always read! Leave me any questions and I'll be sure to answer. And thank you for reading this post! If you'd like to further contact me my email is open to anyone who wants it ramosdalia3@gmail.com.

© The Introverted Brunette
Maira Gall