Sunday, December 30, 2012

C2NY: Favorite Books, TV Shows, Films

As the new year approaches I continue my countdown! For starters, books! I simply adore reading and how lost I get while doing so. My number one for this year is Divergent, by Veronica Roth. I found this dystopian novel, dare I say more interesting than The Hunger Games? Shocker, yes I know. Although I did love The Hunger Games, Divergent is an adventure anyone could get into, there will also be a film adaptation staring Shailene Woodley as the protagonist Tris. I can't go into much detail with out spoiling it for future readers, but if you like books such as The Hunger Games, or even Harry Potter you WILL love this book!
The Mortal Instruments series, which has been out much longer then this year is a series I've simply fallen in love with. Think Charmed, Buffy, and Supernatural squashed into a book series, definitely NOT Twilight! It follows Clary, a teen who discovers she is a Shadowhunter, or a half angel demon hunter, she's put into a war between worlds that only she can save. This will also be adapted into a film, due out next August, staring Lily Collins, Jamie Campbell Bower and Robert Sheehan, which I'm totally stoked for!
Last but certainly not least is The Perks of Being a Wallflower. This book which I've read has saved some from suicide is definitely a book that puts life into perspective. Charlie, the main character is a kid anyone could relate to in some type of way, even if you haven't gone through something as traumatizing as he had. I shan't mention his struggle, as I don't want to spoil the end! I will say this, READ THIS BOOK! I haven't had a chance to watch the film adaptation, which is being haled as a modern day Breakfast Club, but I'm sure Logan Lerman, Emma Watson, and Ezra Miller are doing the characters justice!
As for my favorite shows of this year I've selected three. I'm not much of a tv person, and  have a weird habit of not being able to watch tv shows after it's second season! For every rule is the exception, and The Vampire Diaries is my exception! This is the only show I've followed for more then two season, since I was a kid. I love this show and love where things are going! TEAM DELENA! 
Both Awkward. and The X-Factor are shows me and my sister use to bond so to speak. We would religiously watch each show on its designated nights and loved talking about them. Awkward concluded its second season this year, although I didn't agree with the ending, (Team Jake) I will try to get into the third season, for sister bonding sake! Although I didn't watch I did tune in every Wednesday and Thursday for the second season. I didn't love all the judges to be honest, but there was a lot of talent, not to mention how ecstatic I was over Tate's big win overall! Who knows if I'll watch next season, but I definitely loved it this year!

Okay so how could you not love The Avengers this year? I mean if it's not in your favorites what's wrong with you! In all seriousness, this movie was so action packed, and for a comic book, super hero loving geek like me it was perfection! I left the theater not being able to pick my favorite Avenger, it was that good! 
Altough I haven't read the book, The Silver Linings Playbook was a phenominal movie, with both funny and sad moments. It's describe to be a romantic- dramedy, which it definitely was! Such a good film, Bradley Cooper and the beautiful Jennifer Lawrence deserve all the accolades they've recieved for this film. Last in my favorites is Rise of the Guardians, I mean we all need a animated favorite, am I right? This was such a cute movie, with an allstar cast. Is it weird to say a cartoon is attractive? Chris Pine as Jack Frost was simply adorable! This was a great movie, not just for kids, for us grown folks too! 
I do apologize for not being the best at summarizing or explaining some of these books, shows and films into further detail. I just wouldn 't want to spoil anything if you'd be interested in checking any of these in the future. That being said I hope you enjoyed this post. Tell me what books you've been reading this year, shows and movies you've been watching. Suggest anything you think I might like!

5 comments

  1. We have somewhat similar taste, I love Vampire Diaries as well.

    And I loved The Hunger Games, so I may have to take your suggestion and read Divergent

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing post!
    have a very happy new year!

    lots of love from the c&p girls,
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post. I heard the Mortal Instruments book series is suppose to be amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading "Gone Girl" really liked the 1st half, guessed the main plot twist in advance and not too sure about the second half but sticking it out.

    Ali of:

    www.dressingken.com

    ReplyDelete

Any and every comment is appreciated and always read! Leave me any questions and I'll be sure to answer. And thank you for reading this post! If you'd like to further contact me my email is open to anyone who wants it ramosdalia3@gmail.com.

© The Introverted Brunette
Maira Gall